NO MORE MUSHROOMS! The TrapEase Composite Deck Screw is specially designed to eliminate the “mushrooming” effect caused by standard deck screws in composite deck materials.
- Oversized top thread traps most loose composite material during installation
- Concave underside of the head conceals any loose material for clean appearance
- Guaranteed corrosive resistant coating. ACQ approved
- Bottom thread and point designed for maximum pull-down power
- Deep #2 square-drive provides the best bit engagement, reducing cam-out
- Available Options
- Installation Instructions
- Technical Data
- Product Warranty Information
- Related FM Products
|Fastener Lengths:||2 1/2", 3"|
|Color:||Brown, Dark Brown, Dark Redwood, Gray|
|Packaging Size:||350 pc box, 1750 pc bucket|
- Install two screws at every joist.
- When fastening within 1 1⁄2” from the end of the board, follow the standard building practice of predrilling a 3/16" diameter pilot hole. This will prevent the board from splitting.
- Install screws no closer than 3⁄4" from the edge of the board.
- Occasionally when working with dense composites or in cold weather, a raised outer edge may appear around the screw head. If this occurs, simply make a 1/16" to 1/8" dimple in the top surface of the board using a standard 1/4" drill bit prior to installing the TrapEase. It is not necessary to predrill through the composite board.
- Do not use TrapEase to attach composite decking to fixed surfaces such as roof decks, sleepers, solid wood surfaces, or existing wood decking. The composite should always be free to expand and contract as temperatures vary.
- Stainless steel screws are recommended when attaching composites over fixed surfaces, where airflow beneath the deck is restricted, when affixing hardwoods as your decking or using non-wood joist systems. Warranty may become void if these installation instructions or those of the decking manufacturer/supplier are not followed.