No More Mushrooms! TrapEase II has been designed to eliminate the mushrooming effect caused by standard deck screws in high density composite boards. TrapEase II fasteners have been color-coated to match most composite decking.
JUST ADDED – Two new colors to match Trex Enhance Decking: Trex Enhance Clam Shell and Trex Enhance Beach Dune
Also for use with:
- Other high-density composite deck boards
- Smooth finished look even in high-density composites
- Deep #1 square drive provides best bit engagement, reducing cam-out.
- Concave underside of head conceals loose material for a clean and beautiful finished appearance
- Approved in ACQ and Copper Azole
- Color-coated to match composite deck boards
- Available Options
- Installation Instructions
- Technical Data
- Product Warranty Information
- Related FM Products
|Fastener Lengths:||2 3/4", 3"|
|Color:||Brown, Dark Brown, Dark Redwood, Gray, Trex Enhance Beach Dune, Trex Enhance Clam Shell, Trex Transcend Fire Pit, Trex Transcend Gravel Path, Trex Transcend Lava Rock, Trex Transcend Rope Swing, Trex Transcend Spiced Rum, Trex Transcend Tree House, Trex Transcend Vintage Lantern|
|Packaging Size:||350 pc box, 1750 pc bucket|
- Use a 0-1800 RPM variable speed corded or 18V cordless non-impact drill. Install fastener in a continuous drive until head is slightly below flush.
- Install two screws at every joist.
- When fastening within 1 1/2" from the end of a board, follow the common practice of predrilling a pilot hole using a 1/8" bit. This will prevent the board from splitting.
- Install screws no closer thaan 3/4" from edge of board.
- Do not use TrapEase II when attaching composites over "fixed" surfaces: sleep systems, roof decks, solid wood surfaces (facia, handrails) or metal joists.
- TrapEase Stainless Steel screws are recommended in these fixed surface conditions or when decking is being applied over restricted airspace (less than 12" of clearance below the joists on 3 sides).
- For solid wood decking please use our GuardDog Exterior Wood Fastener.