NO MORE MUSHROOMS! The TrapEase Stainless Steel Composite Deck Screw is specially designed to eliminate the “mushrooming” effect caused by standard deck screws in composite deck materials. Perfect for saltwater applications.
The design features of this FastenMaster product include:
- Oversized top thread traps most loose composite material during installation
- Concave underside of the head conceals any loose material for clean appearance
- Guaranteed not to rust or cause streaking; ideal for high salt and acid environments
- Sharp slotted point cuts through the composite material in the first rotation
- Deep #2 square-drive provides the best bit engagement, reducing cam-out
- Available Options
- Installation Instructions
- Technical Data
- Product Warranty Information
- Related FM Products
|Fastener Lengths:||2 1/2", 3"|
|Packaging Size:||350 pc box, 1750 pc bucket|
Due to the non-harden-able nature of 305-grade stainless steel, a proper installation technique is important to improving overall fastener performance.
- Predrilling may be required for extremely dense composites and colder temperatures.
- It is recommended that you test drive some TrapEase Stainless Steel screws on a separate board, under jobsite conditions, to assess whether predrilling is needed.
- Use a 0-1800 RPM variable speed corded or 18V cordless drill. Install fastener perpendicular to deck, decreasing drill speed as the screw head nears the top of the board. Slowly drive the screw flush. DO NOT OVERDRIVE.
- Install two screws at every joist.
- When fastening within 1 1⁄2" from the end of the board, follow the standard building practice of predrilling a 3/16" diameter pilot hole. This will prevent the board from splitting.
- Install screws no closer than 3⁄4" from the edge of the board.
- Occasionally when working with dense composites or in cold weather, a raised outer edge may appear around the screw head. If this occurs, simply make a 1/16" to 1/8" dimple in the top surface of the board using a standard 1/4" drill bit prior to installing the TrapEase. It is not necessary to predrill through the composite board.
- Do not use TrapEase to attach composite decking to fixed surfaces such as roof decks, sleepers, solid wood surfaces, or existing wood decking. The composite should always be free to expand and contract as temperatures vary.
- Stainless steel screws are recommended when attaching composites over fixed surfaces, where airflow beneath the deck is restricted, when affixing hardwoods as your decking or using non-wood joist systems. Warranty may become void if these installation instructions or those of the decking manufacturer/supplier are not followed.